The central Library of the Sub-Centre has 497.37 sq. meter area to accommodate stack room(s), reference room, reading halls, counters, Asst. Librarian’s cabin, Internet Lab, office and WCs. The Library has enhanced its collection of books, periodicals and journals to satisfy need of different types of users.
- It is managed by a qualified Assistant Librarian and other supporting staff.
- Various research journals, magazines, sports issues and competitive examination oriented periodicals provide the students a scope to enhance their horizon of knowledge.
- SOUL software version – 2 and OPEC search facilities are operational in the Library functioning.
- The free access in the library after a search of the book through computer system makes the students library user friendly.
- The library use of students is monitored by the teachers through assignments.
|Sr. No.||Name||Qualification||Designation||E-mail ID|
|Issuing Days||Issuing Hours|
|Monday to Saturday||11.00 am to 5.00 pm|
The Library of Sub-Centre remains closed on Sunday and Public Holidays.
The Library of Sub-Centre has collection of books, periodicals, Digital resources. However, the collection is not large in number, but it maintains richness in quality.
|Sr. No.||Name of the Particulars||Total|
|3||Journals Per Year (National/International)||17|
|4||Magazines Per Year||21|
Sub-Centre, Library provides following services to their users to fulfill the teaching, learning and research activities of University community.
- Book Borrowing and lending
- Reprographic service
- Reference Service
- Newspaper Clippings
- Reading Room Facility
- Internet Searching
- Access to Online Journals
- SRTMUN Sub-Centre, Latur-Library and reading rooms ordinarily remain open on week days from 10.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.
- Books will be issued for home reading between 11.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. and remain closed on Sundays, University and Public Holidays.
- Books issued to Contributory Teachers on guarantee of concerned Head of the Departments.
- Reader shall not write or make any mark upon or otherwise damage any book, periodical or any other material belonging to the library. If found, fine will be charged.
- No tracing or mechanical reproduction from books shall be made except with permission of the librarian.
- Only one Periodical i.e. Newspaper OR Magazine at a time for a day will be issued on ID for reference only.
- Student will have to pay Library fine Re. 1/- per day per book from the due date of return.
- Important / Rare/Text books/Reference books of which there is only one copy available in the library will not be issued out of library and will be permitted to refer in the library premises only.
- Each student has to produce the I. Card for all transactions in the library.
- Any indiscipline or disturbing attitude of the student(s) observed will be dealt seriously.
|Sr. No||Particular||No. of Books||Period in days||Fine for late submission of the book|
|1||Members of University Authorities and Bodies||02||15||--|
|2||University Teaching Staff :
b) Associate professor
c) Assistant professor
|5||Post Graduate Students||02||07||Rs.1/- per book per day inclusive of Holiday(s)|
|1||OALIB- Open Access Library (Free access to more than 994,092 Academic articles)||http://www.oalib.com|
|2||OAPEN Library- Online Library and Publication Platform (Contains freely accessible academic books in Humanities and Social Sciences||http://www.oapen.org|
|3||PLOS- Public Library of Science (A nonprofit publisher published articles in the field of Science & medicine)||http://www.plos.org|
|4||Internet Archive- The Internet Archive a nonprofit, is building a digital library of Internet sites||http://archive.org|
|5||Digital Library India- Free access to books, journals, is hosted by Indian Institute of Science Bangalore||http://www.new.dli.ernet.in|
|6||Project Gutenberg- Accessible over 42,000 free E-books||http://www.gutenberg.org|
|7||NISCAIR Online Periodical Repository- Free access to full text articles from 17 Research journals published by CSIR-NISCAIR||http://nopr.niscair.res.in|
|8||DOAJ- Directory of Open Access Journals (Free access to more than 8541 Journals covering all subject & many languages)||http://www.doaj.org|
|9||Open Archives (India)- Open Archives Initiative develops and promotes broad access to digital resources||http://openarchives.org|
|10||Open J-Gate Journals- J-Gate is a global e-journal gateway providing seamless access to millions of journal articles, it is offered in 7 different subject groups||http://j-gate.informindia.co.in|
|11||Indian Journal- Open access to more than 244 journals in different 18 subject categories||http://www.indianjournals.com|